Also, I kinda sorta abandoned Project 365. But that doesn't mean I stopped taking pictures -- it's just that I stopped blogging about it. I got the Instagram app for my iPhone and have been snapping pictures left and right. (If you've got the app, feel free to follow me: my handle is anniecristina.) Here are a couple of the pictures I've taken using Instagram...
|Gratuitously cute pictures of my cats!|
|Showing off my Dinosaur Toes orb necklace! Pretty, pretty.|
What else have I been up to? Let's break it down, bullet-style:
- I have been using my new Clarisonic Mia to wash my face for the past month and it has made a world of difference for me. My face is finally getting clear again! :D Yes, it is expensive, but I see it as an investment. I was spending a ton of money on different facial cleansers and concealers anyway. Might as well solve the problem at the root.
- Ricky and I had a low-key Valentine's Day. Just dinner and cuddle time. We had "agreed" not to get each other any gifts, and then we surprised each other with silly little gifts -- love coupons from me, and flowers and a sock monkey from him.
- Ricky and I spent a hilarious evening looking up The Lonely Island videos on YouTube. Their videos are crass and ridiculous, and yet strangely compelling.
- I saw "How to Train Your Dragon" on Friday with Ricky and looooved it. I want my own dragon now!
- Okay, I admit it -- I've been cheating on Blogger with Tumblr. But you're still my first love, Blogger!
- I've also been spending time on my new addiction, Pinterest. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, let me know in the comments. Same thing if you need an invite!)
- I've also been (what else?) reading like crazy. I plowed through The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, and then read Clockwork Angel, a new series by the same author. Then I read the galley of The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson, a book which isn't due in stores until April 26th. How did I manage to get my grubby little paws on this? Thanks to Maureen Johnson's Twitter! She posted the link to this website called netGalley, where book reviewers and educators can join and requests galleys directly from publishers before the books are released. I sent a few requests, not expecting much, and so far, I've been granted all of my requests. It's like Christmas! Too cool. Anyways, I just finished The Last Little Blue Envelope, which is the sequel to 13 Little Blue Envelopes. Like I wrote in my Goodreads review, I wasn't sure I'd enjoy this sequel, but to my very great surprise, I wound up liking it even more than the first book. Next up is finishing the galley of A Tale of Two Castles by Gail Carson Levine (of Ella Enchanted fame), and then I've got Dawn Light by Diane Ackerman and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë all lined up.
- Speaking of books, I successfully convinced Ricky to read a recent favorite of mine, The Art of Racing in the Rain, and to my very great joy and surprise, he loved it! Yayayayay! It makes me so happy when my man loves the same things I do. :-)
So that's me in a nutshell or twelve. What the heck have you been up to?