I'm happy it's Friday, even if it's the last Friday of my summer vacation (sniff, sniff). I feel good today, even though it's Friday the 13th (shudder). You know how sometimes you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Well, today I woke up on the right side of the bed. I'm just happy today. :)
One of Ricky's friends from law school is visiting us from Chicago this week. Yesterday we took him to get his favorite mushroom pizza at this little hole-in-the-wall restaurant near Ricky's house. Isn't it funny how sometimes the most hidden, unknown places are the best?
Today we're going to take him to The Pub, this British style bar and restaurant that Ricky and I really like. I love how they pour their Guinness there -- they always create a shamrock out of the foam on top. (What can I say? I'm easily impressed.) I hope we also get to see "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" tonight, since I've been looking forward to that all summer. I also kind of want to see "Eat, Pray, Love," despite the dismal reviews. I thought the book was pretty good, and I tend to like Julia Roberts' films, so I figure I'll like it.
Tomorrow we plan on attending the Bon Festival at The Morikami Museum, which I'm super excited for, since I've never been. I hear it's beautiful.
But for now, here are my answers to Lauren's fill in the blank for this week. If you want to play along, make sure you link back to her post. Oh, and don't forget to wish her a very happy birthday, too!
1. Birthdays are: my second favorite holiday after Christmas. I kid, I kid! But seriously, I love birthdays because I get to celebrate with my friends and family.
2. My favorite birthday memory was my 22nd birthday because it was the first one I spent with Ricky, and he positively spoiled me. I don't remember exactly what he got me, but I remember how appreciated he made me feel. Which is what it's all about, anyways.
3. A birthday tradition I (or my family) has is eating my birthday cake for breakfast. Awesome.
4. If I had to choose one birthday meal to eat for the rest of my birthdays hence forward, I would choose The Roasted Pepper, this Italian restaurant that makes the most delicious raviolis known to man.
5. My birthday is on October 10th - I'm a Libra.
6. If I could take a birthday trip I would go to Paris. I would happily live there, too, if given the chance.
7. The best gift I've ever received for my birthday was my Nintendo DS, which Ricky got me a few years back. Best. present. ever.
|Me looking like a fool on my 30th birthday. ;)|
Have a great weekend! Oh, and don't forget to enter my dinosaur toes giveaway! I'll be selecting a winner on Tuesday.