Today was the last Friday of the school year -- which is just insane. This school year FLEW! As did this week. I'm so happy it's Friday. Next week, we still have three days of school left, but they're all half days -- which is just awesome!
I plan on relaxing this weekend (in between grading some final exams) and maybe putting some work into my thesis so my committee leader doesn't kill me. Tonight the boyf. and I just plan on hanging out, maybe catch a happy hour somewhere. I kind of want to go out because I've been sick all week and I'm finally feeling like myself again. :D
Before I close, here are my answers to Lauren's fill in the blank for this week. Make sure to link back to her post if you want to play along, too!
1. My dream vacation would be a trip that takes me all over Europe -- especially France, England, Spain, and Italy -- for at least six months .
2. The best trip I've ever taken was when I went to Tokyo, Japan in 2008 with le boyf. It was a totally last minute trip, literally planned days before we left -- and it was the best trip of my life.
3. The most important items to take on a road trip are water, snacks, music, and a good traveling buddy .
4. The next trip I'm looking forward to is my upcoming trip with le boyf. to Islands of Adventure in Orlando for the new Harry Potter section .
5. If I had to pick one CD to listen to for a long road trip it would be a mixtape that includes Arcade Fire, Interpol, Grizzly Bear, plus some show tunes thrown in for good measure .
6. The biggest disaster I've ever encountered while traveling was not a disaster per se, but it involved a small commuter plane on the way back from the Bahamas and a bad rainstorm. I thought I was going to die for sure, but thankfully, I arrived in one piece. Other than that, I really haven't had traveling disasters (thank goodness).
7. My favorite traveling memory is the first time I went on a road trip with le boyf. We went to Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios, and I rode my first real roller coaster -- and was promptly sick afterward -- but le boyf. was amazing and took care of me. And now I love roller coasters. And him .
picture via we heart it
So what are you doing this weekend, bloggy readers? Anything interesting? Let me know in the comments!