I am so blissed out that Friday is finally here. This has felt like a never-ending week. I guess the stress from my thesis defense had me wound so tight that even though the defense has been over since Tuesday, I was still feeling tense. I kept falling asleep on Ricky all week! I'm not kidding -- minutes after arriving at his house, I would sink into his bed and pass out, before he could put a DVD on for us or anything. Poor thing. I don't know how he puts up with my narcoleptic ways, I swear. *shakes head in disbelief*
I have no major plans for this weekend, and that suits me just fine. I have to grade my students' end-of-term projects, polish off my final thesis draft and make sure the margins are all perfect so I can deliver it next week, and I had wanted to start up the NaNoWriMo thing this weekend so I'd be all set for November. In between all that, I might be meeting up with some friends for drinks and dinner, which is always nice. After hanging out with hormonal teenagers all week, it's a breath of fresh air to hang out with people my own age. ;)
Before I close, here are my answers to Lauren's fill in the blank for this week:
1. I am... a lover, a dreamer, a planner, a writer, a reader, a teacher, a daughter, a friend.
2. I wish... sometimes that Ricky and I were married already, and that we had that cute little house with the white picket fence and the 2.5 kids and everything, but then I remember we're happy, and I regain faith that it will all happen in good time.
3. I like... to laugh. A lot. There are few things I love more than a good joke.
4. I can... stay happily at home for hours at a time without getting bored. I think it's the natural temperament of a bookworm/writer -- leave me alone with my books and my computer, and I'm perfectly content.
5. I hope... to have at least one kid before I die. I used to want four (!), but I've scaled that number down considerably after weighing the pros and the cons. ;)
6. I think... some things in life are better left a mystery. It keeps things interesting.
7. I try... to avoid confrontation whenever and wherever I possibly can. I avoid it like the plague! I know sometimes a little confrontation can be a good thing, but I hate it all the same.
Any interesting plans for the weekend? Let me know in the comments! :)