picture via we heart it
What a long and crazy roller coaster of a week this has been, bloggy readers. This week started out really well -- I had a lot of great things making me happy, such as new music and beautiful weather. I wrote a book review on an awesome new book series I'm totally digging, and I did some bloggy redecorating. But there were some low points, too -- I was buried in paperwork all week, trying to get all the grading done before the end of the school term (which is today), and more importantly, the Florida Senate passed a bill that threatens the future of public education in my state -- not to mention my livelihood as a high school teacher in a public school.
Boy, am I glad that this week is over, especially since I am now officially on spring break! My plans for the next week? Lots of sleep, possibly going to my lady doctor (eep!) and the dentist (double eep!!), plus working on my thesis.
But for now, how about some fill in the blank fun?
1. The best piece of advice I was ever given was that I'm the only one who can make myself happy.
2. If I had a million dollars to give to one charity I would give it to the Haitians -- I worry that others have forgotten about them when they are still suffering and in need of our help .
3. If I got to choose my "last meal" it would be some crunchy French bread, some yummy Manchego cheese, steak frites, creme brulee, and a tapioca pearl drink (Who cares about the calories?! It's my last meal! :D) .
4. My hair is not as wild as it used to be ever since I did the Brazilian keratin treatment, and to tell the truth, I kinda miss the wildness -- it won't curl anymore =( .
5. If at first you don't succeed try, try again -- practice makes perfect, don't you know.
6. I have always been very patient with everyone -- except myself. I need to learn to get better at this.
7. Oh....and by the way.... I have absolutely nothing to grade this weekend for once in a veddy, veddy long time, and I feel absolutely wonderful about that.
Want to fill in your own blanks? Go on and post 'em on your blog, but don't forget to link back to Lauren!
What are your plans for this weekend? Whatever you do, I hope you have a (insert super awesome adjective here) weekend! :-D