In other happy news, I got the score report for my AP English Language students, aaaand 15/26 passed. That's over 50%! This is the highest passage rate I've ever had for a class. I'm very proud of their hard work.
Okay, so let's get on to what you really want to know from this post -- the Twilight t-shirt giveaway winner. I selected the winner using an online random generator, and the lucky number that turned up was:
And the reader with the 11th entry comment was:
Congrats, Brittany! I'll be in touch soon to get your mailing address. I love the shirt you chose. ;)
Thanks to all my readers who entered this giveaway and stay tuned for next month's giveaway. If would like to sponsor a giveaway, let me know, as I'm always looking to promote small businesses.
Before I close, here are my answers to Lauren's fill in the blank for this week. Haven't done this in a awhile!
1. My favorite thing about this week has been seeing all my hard work pay off.
2. The weather this week has been disgustingly hot and humid. Why do I live in Miami again?! Sigh.
3. The last (interesting) item I received in the mail was a laser toy I bought for my cats on Diana's recommendation: the Frolicat.
4. The last movie I saw was "For a Few Dollars More." Ricky and I have been into old westerns lately, what can I say.
5. If I could be doing anything I felt like today I would be lying on a hammock on a deserted island somewhere with nobody but my boyf.
6. As a teenager I was riddled with insecurity and uncertain about my future. I'm happy to know that confidence comes with experience .
7. I wish I could trade lives for the day with J.K. Rowling. She's one of my favorite authors and I admire her discipline as a writer so, so much.
Are you doing anything awesome this weekend? I just plan on doing some reading, writing, and relaxing. I'm also excited for Sunday's final soccer match -- I'm rooting for Spain, but of course. ;-D