For now, I'm going to jump in the shower and get ready for my salon appointment. I'm going with a friend to get our hair and nails "did," which is an excellent way to celebrate the fact that the weekend is here. I am doubly happy that it is the start of a looong weekend. I need the break! Ricky and I were thinking of going out of town this weekend, maybe to Orlando, but honestly, I don't care if we leave or stay home. So long as I can rest.
As luck would have it, Lauren's fill in the blank for this week happens to be travel themed! Make sure to link back to her if you want to play along. Here are my answers...
1. If I didn't have to work anymore I would sleep in every day, roll out of bed and spend all day writing short stories and poems. In my pajamas, natch. On the days I wouldn't feel like writing, I would explore Miami because I often feel I don't know my own city enough.
2. My favorite thing about a vacation is being on my OWN time -- not having to worry about work or responsibilities.
3. When packing for a trip I tend to overdo it ... A LOT. It drives my boyfriend nuts, I'm sure.
4. If I could go on a road trip with anyone (dead OR alive) I would choose my boyfriend, Ricky, every time. Not just because he's my ever-loving soul mate, but because the boy could find his way out of a tornado, he's that good a navigator.
5. My top 3 absolute travel essentials are a comfortable pair of jeans, a comfortable pair of shoes, and good reading material for any downtime spent on planes, trains, or just hanging out in the hotel.
6. Vacations are little snatches of paradise in an otherwise humdrum working life.
7. On vacation you must always be prepared for the unexpected, and take everything in stride. I find it's best to be positive when you're on vacation, because this is your time to RELAX.
Are you doing anything awesome this weekend? Let me know in the comments!