Needless to say, I was not a happy camper when I later realized it was only Tuesday.
But finally, finally, it's Friday. Rejoice! Today I'm going to the salon with my friend right after work so she can get her nails done and I can get my hair all prettified. I've been flirting with the idea of getting some nice, side-sweepy bangs, but I was also thinking of growing my hair out, all one length, so I'm not sure... Stay tuned.
After our salon visit, we'll most likely grab drinks and dinner before going to see our friend from work perform at a belly dancing show. How cool is that?! I wish I could belly dance!
Alas, Monsieur Boyf will not be joining me tonight because he is stuck at home with the mystery virus I had last week. Poor thing. Please send him some get well thoughts.
Before I close, here are my answers to Lauren's fill in the blank for this week. This time the theme is movies. Yay! :-D
1. My absolute favorite movie of all time is "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." I knew, just 15 minutes into that movie, that it would be magical. And I was right.
2. My favorite movie as a child was the second "Indiana Jones" movie, the one with Shortstop and Kate Capshaw? Loooved that movie. I would watch it on TV every time they showed it.
3. The best movie quote ever is from "The English Patient" when Katherine writes a letter to Almasy that reads, "We die containing a richness of lovers and tribes, tastes we have swallowed, bodies we have plunged into and swum up as if rivers of wisdom, characters we have climbed into as if trees, fears we have hidden in as if caves. I wish for all this to be marked on by body when I am dead. I believe in such cartography - to be marked by nature, not just to label ourselves on a map like the names of rich men and women on buildings. We are communal histories, communal books. We are not owned or monogamous in our taste or experience." That part is so romantic, it never fails to make me cry.
4. My favorite actress is a tie between Kate Winslet and Meryl Streep. Love them both. My favorite actor is Ewan Macgregor. I lurve him. Like a lot. Especially in "Moulin Rouge," my favorite of his roles.
5. The movie I could watch over and over is any of the Harry Potter films. Those movies are addictive -- every time they come on TV (usually the ABC Family channel), I'm compelled to watch them, despite the fact that I own them all on DVD.
6. My favorite movie genre is romance. I'll watch anything romantic, even if it's got a tragic ending, though I like romantic comedies best.
7. A movie I'd like to watch this weekend is "The Young Victoria." I got it last week and it's been sitting all lonely and unwatched next to my nightstand ever since. I'm dying to see it!
picture via we heart it
So what your plans for the weekend? I plan on catching up on some grading (and sleeping!).